Under the supervision of the Manager of Accounting or assigned supervisor, the accounting specialist performs duties associated with various accounting functions and other duties as assigned. The accounting specialist is responsible to ensure that accounts payable and accounts receivable functions are performed accurately and timely.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Performs daily accounting activities including, but not limited to, accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
• Effectively addresses customer and vendor issues as they arise
• Process incoming payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
• Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
• Prepare various financial statements as needed.
• Generate and review monthly reports.
• Prepare and make bank deposits.
• Assist with preparation for annual audits.
• Prepare and distribute annual IRS forms.
• Responsible for providing backup in processing payments and invoices for customers.
• Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
• Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
• Perform administrative and other tasks as needed.
• Assists in the training and education of new and existing employee’s by providing on the job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
• Demonstrated ability to use financial software
• Must be detail orientated and have strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to gather, interpret and organize files and data
• Ability to complete responsibilities ethically and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Ability to maintain compliance with various contracts, policies, regulations, and procedures
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact deadlines
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers, and external customers
• Possess an Associates Degree in Accounting and a minimum of two year’s accounting experience or such a combination of education and experience as may be accepted as equivalent.
• Possess a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stay stationary for long periods of time
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply