DRIVER MANAGER - HARRODSBURG, KY
Under the supervision of an assigned supervisor, the Driver Manager communicates directly with the driver to schedule shipments. The work involves services for any of the terminals in Duluth, MN; Harrodsburg, KY; and Blaine, MN. We are currently accepting applicants from Kentucky.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules drivers to pick up and deliver loads to customers or vendors
- Serve as a reliable point of contact for drivers
- Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective
- Determine the best delivery methods
- Acquire the necessary documents and permits
- Assists in the training and education of new and existing employees by providing on-the-job training, general instructions, safety, monitor compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate work assignments according to the locations and schedules of the driver and facility.
- Knowledge of equipment as it relates to truck driving.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments and other interruptions that may occur.
- Ability to utilize company’s computerized scheduling, database, word processing and email.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends to fill in for staff when needed.
Graduation with a high school diploma or GED; possess two years of experience in trucking industry, dispatching, construction or a combination of education and experience found as relevant. Possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in and around moving parts
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
- Bend or twist their body
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl over uneven surfaces
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer.
- Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros Trucking Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private date if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the date by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to Melissa Williams, Director of Human Resources at: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply