MANAGER OF FLEET MAINTENANCE
This position is part of the leadership team at Kivi Bros Trucking, Inc. and is to provide leadership to all of Maintenance throughout each terminal. Responsibilities include management of maintenance staff, direct and indirect management of maintenance costs, process decisions and implementation to facilitate cost savings, and the overall management of maintenance operations to promote optimization and utilization of company assets, i.e. trucks and trailers.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and support maintenance staff in an effort to create more efficient and defined processes that are replicated at each location
- Analyze statistical data and maintenance specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of equipment. Provide recommendations based off of this data to drive improvements
- Assist in developing maintenance departmental goals that align with the key performance metrics of the organization
- Create and implement maintenance campaigns throughout all locations
- Assist in the implementation of processes to ensure all equipment is in-serviced and out-serviced in the most efficient manner
- Audit equipment prep process to maximize readiness of available units and implement greater efficiencies.
- Create and manage inspection programs to guarantee facilities and grounds are monitored and maintained to standards
- Evaluate shop audits and yard checks findings and seek improvements to decrease downtime of equipment, working cooperatively with other departments to implement these improvements.
- Lead process improvements to procure and manage inventory at each location to help decrease loss
- Create and implement processes and procedures for the disposition of discrepant parts and/or equipment assessing cost and responsibility
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules in sequence to business needs to expedite availability of equipment
- Evaluate precision and replication of maintenance operations and formulate corrective action plans to facilitate the improvement of these operations that are replicated throughout the organization
- Responsible for operating expenses of the maintenance departments at all locations
- Responsible for the implementation of the preventive maintenance and repair program to ensure vehicle safety and operating efficiency
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the trucking and transportation Industry
- Experience managing drivers and administrative personnel
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work any job in operations and to teach new employees the correct procedures as they apply to their specific job
- Must be able to maintain excellent communication with external and internal customers
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Must display exceptional decision-making skills
- Ability to interface with customers and employees
- Must be detail oriented and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot situations as they arise
- Must have the ability to produce high quality results with great detail
- Desire to put the company’s needs first and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong problem-solving talents
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience working with TMW and other logistic software
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience and knowledge of diesel equipment maintenance, diagnostics, repair, and process improvement
- 5 or more years of experience in maintenance operations, preferably in the transportation and logistics industry
- 5 or more years of progressive management/leadership experience
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in and around moving parts
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
- Bend or twist their body
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl over uneven surfaces
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros.
Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply