Under the supervision of the Director of Operations or assigned supervisor, the OTR Manager is responsible for the planning, coordinating, and monitoring the transportation operations for Kivi Bros. Trucking.
The OTR Manager must be knowledgeable of current industry trends and regulations including FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Administration), DOT (Department of Transportation), and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations and have experience managing compliance and maintaining safety logs.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage, plan, and evaluate operations with internal stakeholders, suppliers, and other key customers
• Responsible for monitoring the quality, quantity, delivery times and transportation costs
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, and customer issues
• Developing key performance indicators that measure and show the effectiveness of the company’s transportation operations
• Ensuring the work environment is customer focused, positive and based on trust and respect
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with issues related to drivers (private and personal matters), rates, customers, and other proprietary items
• Properly communicating company policies and plans to all associates and communicate employee feedback to upper management
• Assist in managing assets and available business to minimize operational expenses while maximizing driver equipment utilization across the fleet
• Assist in coordinating with maintenance personnel to keep owned/leased trucks and trailers maintained, safe, and operating per federal, state, and local law while managing associated costs
• Provide back-up support to terminal supervision and administrative staff in the performance of their duties
• Manage regulatory compliance and maintaining safety logs
• Supervise staff to monitor operations ensuring workload is completed per customer expectations: efficiently, safely, and compliant with all applicable regulations
• Implementing schedule and policy changes
• Collaborating with other managers and staff to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
• Collaborating with accounting staff and sales team to monitor timely payments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of the trucking and transportation Industry
• Experience managing drivers and administrative personnel
• Ability to maintain compliance with various contracts, policies, regulations, and procedures
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact deadlines
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers and external customers
• Experience working with TMW and other logistic software
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, management or related field and a minimum of two years’ experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry; or five years, verifiable experience in transportation operations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer.
• Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros.
Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply