Road Services Advisor
$19.00 – $23.00/hourly
Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team assisting our drivers with planning and other over-the-road services. This position will be based out of Duluth, MN, but the position will service the Blaine, MN and Harrodsburg, KY shops as well.
Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. is proud to be a third-generation family-owned company that is based in Duluth, MN with additional terminals in Blaine, MN and Harrodsburg, KY. We specialize in transportation of flatbed and step deck freight, end dump bulk commodities, logs. and over dimensional and heavy haul loads.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess, prioritize, and process information pertaining to emergency and non-emergency maintenance needs.
- Plans and coordinates services needed with area dealerships, truck stops, and other maintenance service providers.
- Troubleshoots and provide recommendations to drivers.
- Ensures drivers maintain DOT compliance with equipment and makes necessary recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Utilizes a computerized work order system.
- Assists in the training and education of new and existing employee’s by providing on the job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate work assignments according to the locations and schedules of the driver and facility.
- Knowledge of equipment as it relates to truck driving.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments and other interruptions that may occur.
- Ability to utilize company’s computerized scheduling, database, word processing and email.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends to fill in for staff when needed.
Graduation with a high school diploma or GED; possess three years of customer service skills in a fast-paced atmosphere. Previous experience in over-the-road trucking industry preferred. Possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer.
- Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 16, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply