Kivi Bros. Trucking, a third-generation family-owned company is looking for a qualified Yard Manager at our Blaine, Minnesota terminal. This position works closely with the Terminal Manager and other Kivi Staff.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer all work yard operations and ensure compliance to safety policies
- Responsible for transferring freight within the yard
- Monitor loading of materials to ensure safe transfer
- Transfers load freight from shipping containers to flat beds
- Maintain neat and clean yard at all times
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements
- Assists in the training and education of new and existing employees by providing on the job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate work assignments according to the locations and schedules of the driver and facility.
- Knowledge of equipment as it relates to truck driving.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments and other interruptions that may occur.
- Ability to utilize company’s computerized scheduling, database, word processing and email.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends to fill in for staff when needed.
Graduation with a high school diploma or GED; possess three years’ experience leading a team in yard or warehouse environment. Possess a valid driver’s license. Forklift Certification. Class A CDL is preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to move about to access equipment and machinery
- Ability to work in and around moving parts
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, and controls
- Bend or twist their body
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally 40 pounds
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply