FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - DULUTH, MN
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for directing and planning all processes of the accounting department. The financial controller will implement and maintain proper controls over accounting, reporting, shop inventory, cash, and the accounting close process. This position will also manage compliance risks as they relate to governing agencies.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Provide management with vital financial information to the decision-making process
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequency including tax planning and compliance
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Working knowledge of finance and tax law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of accounting and banking processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers, and external customers
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Experience in a modular accounting system
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field. Masters Degree in Business (MBA) is preferred.
- Six years proven accounting experience with clear progression in positions with increased responsibility
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA or CPA, is desired
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in and around moving parts
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, and controls
- Bend or twist their body
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer.
- Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply