PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Kivi Bros. Trucking, a third-generation family-owned company is looking for a qualified Payroll and Benefits Specialist at our Duluth, MN terminal. This position performs duties associated with benefits administration along with processing payroll through a payroll system and other duties as assigned. This position acts as a confidential role in employee relations and safety as needed.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Accurately process all aspects of weekly payroll, which includes transferring data between timekeeping and payroll systems
• benefit plans for proper deduction application
• Design, manage, and document payroll processes and data maintenance programs
• Maintains the integrity of payroll by following all policies and procedures, reporting any concerns to management timely
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Respond/resolve team member payroll questions timely, confidentially, and courteously
• Monitor and manages 401K, benefits, garnishments, and any other required withholdings
• Ensure all new hires, terminations, and all other payroll-related changes are properly and accurately reflected in the payroll system
• Act as a liaison regarding employee paperwork and other payroll-related issues with employees, benefits, HR, and Finance departments
• Assist management by pulling reports from the payroll system as needed
• Prepare all payroll related reports as needed such as- EEO and Worker’s Compensations
• Maintain internal controls for the payroll operations
• Support internal and external audit requirements, including 401K (including 5500 filings), Workers Comp, benefits, etc.
• Process employment verifications
• Provide maintenance for any HR-related documentations
• Process entries for new hires onboarding, terminations, and payroll file maintenance changes
• Assist with benefits administration- health & welfare benefits and 401(k)
• Contribute to the HR team’s efforts by accomplishing defined goals as assigned.
• Provide HR support to the Director of Human Resources
• Perform administrative and other tasks as needed.
• Assists in the training and education of new and existing employees by providing on-the-job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program, and additional training as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of computer-based human resource management information systems.
• Knowledge of the theory and principles of human resources and/or payroll administration.
• Knowledge and high-level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and database
• Knowledge of payroll and tax compliance
• Must be detail orientated and have strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to gather, interpret and organize files and data
• Ability to complete responsibilities ethically and maintain confidentiality with sensitive
• Ability to maintain compliance with various contracts, policies, regulations, and procedures
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple
tasks while meeting deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other
interruptions that may impact deadlines
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain
effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers
and external customers
• Graduation from an accredited college or university in business administration, human
resources or related field and two years experience in processing payroll; or five years of
direct experience in payroll and human resources, two of which were in payroll processing.
• Experience in Microsoft Great Plains preferred
• Possess a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Ability to stay stationary for long periods of time
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations
in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able
to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros.
Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other
departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if
their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the
above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by
law, rule or court order.
Please submit an application directly to: Melissa.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply