Under the supervision of the Transportation Manager or assigned supervisor, the OTR Load Planner manages daily load planning for the over the road trucks and drivers, along with ensuring superior customer service. This position is responsible for the day-to-day effective coordination of trucks, trailers, and drivers. The planner will work with the Customer Service Representatives to solicit business from customers, book business from customers and make daily plans for picking up freight. This position will work with Driver Managers to ensure schedules are maintained and make necessary adjustments when needed.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers.
• Coordinate with carriers to ensure on-time delivery and estimate times of arrival and delivery.
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of products according to customer needs and objectives.
• Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
• Monitor and analyze customer’s usage of our services.
• Responsible for working with other Team members to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships.
• Communicate between the customer, internal teams, and drivers.
• Be knowledgeable of the Kivi Bros. freight network and how to navigate it.
• Be up to date on all current market trends.
• Proven customer service experience in a trucking industry
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain compliance with various contracts, policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact deadlines
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers and external customers.
• Experience working with TMW and other logistic software
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
• Graduation from high school or equivalent.
• OTR trucking/transportation operations experience preferred.
• A working knowledge of specialized freight and equipment found in the trucking industry.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in and around moving parts.
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls.
• Bend or twist their body.
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl over uneven surfaces.
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer.
• Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply