Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources or assigned supervisor, the Recruiter performs a variety of recruiting functions to collaborate and coordinate recruiting efforts with a team from Kivi Bros. Trucking. The Recruiter will engage with leads via telephone, messaging, web chat, email and in-person contact to recruit qualified company Drivers.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Actively recruit company drivers through various advertisement mediums and platforms
• Utilize all company resources to complete the recruiting process (phone, computer, Internet, etc.).
• Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings.
• Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market.
• Help improve driver retention – promote a positive business environment and become a source of guidance for drivers.
• Works with transportation management and facilities management to identify staffing needs and requirements. Must be able to track and report on all activities on a routine basis.
• Develops networks with external sources to continually improve sourcing opportunities.
• Develops and maintains relationships with drivers through a variety of sources, electronically and in person.
• Maintains and promotes DOT compliance during the recruitment and hiring process.
• Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
• Assists in the training and education of new and existing employee’s by providing on the job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records.
• Ability to efficiently coordinate and schedule multi meetings and interviews.
• Knowledge of equipment as it relates to truck driving.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees, and the public.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments and other interruptions that may occur.
• Ability to utilize company’s computerized scheduling, database, word processing and email.
• Ability to work after hours or on weekends to fill in for staff when needed.
Graduation with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, sales, or related field; possess at least three years’ experience recruiting in a large organization, trucking industry preferred; or a combination of education and experience as may be accepted as equivalent. Possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stay stationary for long periods of time
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply