Under the supervision of the Manager of Training and Orientation, or assigned supervisor, the training specialist performs duties associated with enhancing competencies of new hires by designing and conducting training and orientation. This role is responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing, and delivering curriculum and learning materials and managing all phases of training and orientation.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Instructs new drivers in the proper methods of operating and maintaining equipment
• Assist in building and updating training program and plans
• Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques
• Trains in various aspects of securement for open-deck freight
• Supports course development, prepares, and conducts course validation processes, establishes, and maintains data for all assigned courses, including course documents that reflect decision-making processes.
• Ensures total quality in the training environment by continuously evaluating the training provided, course reviews and recommends actions for course improvement.
• Assist in the issuing of equipment to all newly assigned trucks; stock truck with flatbed equipment and issue to drivers. Assist in reclaiming all equipment from turned in trucks.
• Instruct Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for professional truck drivers.
• Assists in the training and education of new and existing employee’s by providing on the job training, general instructions, safety, monitors compliance with the Company safety program and additional training as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use initiative and exercise sound independent judgement.
• Demonstrated ability with FMCSA regulations
• Securement knowledge with freight typically found in open-deck trucking
• Must be detail orientated and have strong problem-solving skills
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact deadlines
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with co-workers, internal customers, and external customers
• Previous experience training in a DOT setting is preferred
• Minimum of three years, verifiable, flatbed and/or heavy haul driving experience is required
• Possess a valid Class A CDL driver’s license
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stay stationary for long periods of time
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally 90 lbs.
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply