Under the supervision of the Manager of Fleet Operations or assigned supervisor, the Fabricator works closely with maintenance staff in the repair of various tractors, trailers and other equipment used in transportation services.
The Fabricator will perform highly skilled welding work including, but not limited to, reading and understanding assembly instructions, ensuring that the required parts are present, and meeting quality control standards. Welding ability in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of equipment found in transportation services; performs general welding on equipment and performs related duties as required.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Fabricates steel and other metal parts
• Ability to wire feed, stick, MIG and TIG on steel, stainless steel and aluminum
• Ability to use and repair basic machine shop equipment to fabricate a variety of metal items including guards, racks, containers and protective railing
• Ability to properly rig, lift, and move equipment unsupervised
• Selects, positions, and secures torch, cutting tips, or welding rod, according to type, thickness, area, and desired temperature of metal.
• Guides and directs flame or electrodes on or across work piece to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures, and practices to include proper use and care of PPE and operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Operates a wide variety of handheld and power-assisted tools and production fixtures
• Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and expertise in various welding techniques and metals
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees and the public
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to be flexible in adapting to change in priorities, assignments and other interruptions that may occur
• Ensures quality and accuracy of their work and ability to have a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or as a team
• Ability to utilize company’s computerized scheduling, database, word processing and email
• Ability to work after hours or on weekends, to fill in for staff when needed.
Graduation with a high school diploma or GED; possess specialized certification in welding or fabrication and minimum of two years, verifiable experience.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to move about to access equipment and machinery
• Ability to work in and around moving parts
• Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools and controls
• Bend or twist their body
• Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Capable of reaching overhead and bending over
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodation information is used to provide reasonable accommodations in the testing and hiring processes. If sufficient data is not provided, we may not be able to accommodate you.
You are not legally required to provide any of the private data listed above. Kivi Bros. Trucking, Inc. employees from the Human Resources Department and other departments involved in the selection process may have access to your private data if their work assignments reasonably require access. Others who may legally access the above data are individuals or agencies to whom we are required to release the data by law, rule or court order.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply